Friday, December 12, 2008

Dr. Appt

This morning Brad and I went to talk to the Perinatalist to talk about how to handle my Gestational Diabetes. We spent most of our time talking with a nutritionist about how to try to control my blood sugar through diet. She gave me some good suggestions of things I should be eating for snacks and main meals. It doesn't look like I will have to change my diet up that much, except for snacks and breakfast. I also learned how to take my blood sugar using the monitor and will begin doing that 4 times a day for a week to see how things are going. If the diet works then I will go down to 2 times a day.

There is a lot to be thankful for in all of this. 1. There are no major complications that arise from GD to me or the baby except that she might be a little bigger than normal. 2. Most cases are able to be controlled by diet and exercise alone, which is our continued prayer. 3. We get an extra ultrasound next Friday to see how big she already is!

No comments: