Tuesday, December 16, 2008

So Far so Good

Well, today is day 3 of monitoring my blood sugar and things are going well! Since I have been eating based on the nutritionist's advice I have had no levels above the normal range. This did mean eating a salad at Bojangles the other day after church (which was surprisingly good) but I did have a few fries and part of Brad's biscuit, so it wasn't such a big deal. It has been good learning about balancing out the starches/proteins/fruits/dairy, etc. through out the day, including snacks and I feel more energetic as a result. I think being on this meal plan will also help sustain me during the hunger that I will supposedly experience while nursing.

I did notice that yesterday I started craving sweet, sugary foods such as the left over Oreo balls in our fridge and the box of Peanut Butter Captain Crunch in our pantry. The good thing is that I can eat a little bit of these things as long as my blood sugar is within the limits (and if I eat it at night after I'm done taking my blood sugar for the day). On Thursday night I am going to the Melting Pot with my accountability group for our Christmas get together and I will enjoy it! Bring on the chocolate fondue...

No comments: