Sunday, August 9, 2009

It's been a poopy day.

Warning: If you are easily grossed out by the topic of poop stop reading now! I knew it was inevitable, everyone with kids has these stories of being away from home when a huge blowout occurs. I simply wasn't prepared for it to happen today! Let me start off by explaining that since introducing solid foods, Ellie has dealt with some constipation. I noticed she was getting that way again so I gave her some prunes yesterday morning and pears with her cereal last night. This morning nothing had "moved" so I packed some more prunes to give her after church. Well, on the way to church this morning Ellie finally did her business and things were more normal. At this point I was stuck with the prunes so I just hoped for the best.
Fast forward to a few hours later Ellie was playing happily on our bed while I folded a load of laundry. All of a sudden she shifts to one side and I see it...a pool of poop on our quilt. It was all down her leg and foot...ugh! Brad, of course, just happened to be at softball practice so I cleaned it up with out much of a problem.
Fast forward another few hours...
We were on our way to the pool where we were meeting out small group from church. On the way Ellie is sitting happily in her car seat trying to get her feet in her mouth. We get to the pool and I open the car door and go to get her out when I notice something brown above her lip. Then it hits me, "That's weird, Ellie had sweet potatoes for dinner, what's this brown stuff...OH NO!" Then upon further investigation I see poop EVERYWHERE. On the toy she was playing with, her legs, feet (yes, the ones she was putting in her mouth!!!), her hands, and of course in a nice big pool in the car set itself! Oh, what a lovely mess! We ended up taking her straight to our friends, the Wells, house to attempt to clean Ellie and her car seat up as best we could. We gave Ellie a quick wash down in the sink (don't worry Lauren, I scrubbed it really well when we were done, promise!) and got her car seat clean enough to use for the ride back to the pool and then home. By the time we got to the pool it was 40 minutes later and I was starving and exhausted! Oh, what a memorable night it was.

5 comments:

The Wells of Morrisville said...

Those days stink. And I'm so sorry about the sink. I most positive that I had portabello mushroom gills and stems in there!!!

Courtney said...

Oh my! Jackson definitely had his share of those. We have the "piddle pad" for Hannah, so I'm hoping to forego any carseat catastrophes. They are such a pain to clean and put back on!

The Wells of Morrisville said...

Brooks, I forgot to tell you that Madeline went through a similar stage as a baby. She was not constipated, but she would wait about 10 days to poop and when she did it was a terrible, horrible, smelly disaster. The Britax carseats have removable, washable covers. Though we didn't move the kids into them until they were 20 pounds, we've gotten our use out of them.

Craig, Lori and Sawyer Hundley said...

That is the funniest thing I have heard all week maybe all month. Thanks Ellie for making me laugh. So sorry Brooks and Brad for all the excitment.

Unknown said...

she's gross....