Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Jean's Berry Patch 2010

Holding the basket for Daddy
Then the eating began...

Yummy!
(Look carefully and you can see the juice running down her arm!)


One happy, sticky girl!
"I just picked a strawberry and it's gone...where is it?"

Priceless face!
Big helper
This afternoon we went for our annual trip to Jean's Berry Patch to stock up on some delicious strawberries. Our experience was so much better this year going early in the season and we got some amazing berries! They were so perfect that Brad and I filled 2 huge buckets full. It was so hard to stop picking when we kept seeing the most beautiful berries everywhere we turned. Ellie had a great time helping and eating while Brad and I filled our buckets. She made quite a mess as always (we like to say that making messes is one of Ellie's super powers) and I got some great pictures of her sticky, red face. 5 hours later after making our yearly supply of freezer jam we still have strawberries coming out of our ears! I have no clue what to do with them all because we don't have a ton of freezer space. I have spent some time tonight looking online for some recipes and have found a few winners. I guess I'll be baking alot in the next few days...

1 comment:

Courtney said...

So adorable! Love that sticky happy smile!