Thursday, July 1, 2010

I love Skype!

I had heard about Skype before but had never used it until Brad went to Amsterdam a few weeks ago. Let me tell you, I am now a big fan! Because of Skype I not only got to talk to Brad almost every day while he was away, but I got to see him too. It was so comforting to be able to hear his voice and know he was safe and sound.


While Brad was away, Ellie & I spent some quality time with our family. Over the weekend we headed to Dunn, NC to my aunt & uncle's house with my cousin Anna and her kiddos. We had a nice relaxing time there and Ellie absolutely loved being around her cousins all weekend! On Monday we headed up to Brevard, NC to spend the week with Nan & Pop Pop (my in-laws). We had a great week with them just playing outside mostly. Brad's parents have a great yard and Ellie had a fun time exploring everything in it, climbing on the rocks, running down the hill, and swinging. Ellie is so blessed to have great grandparents who love to play with her and I loved watching them bond over the whole week. We had a nice time together and enjoyed our time with them so much. Thanks Nan & Pop Pop for making our week without Brad a great one!


This is the only picture I took the whole week we were gone. This was taken at the Nature Center in Asheville with two of Ellie's great grandmothers. We all had a fun time together that day and Ellie especially loved chasing the peacock around.


No comments: