Wednesday, November 16, 2011

5 Months Old


Her new favorite sleep position

Yep, that's right...she's already 5 months old today!  People say that time goes by even faster the more kids you have, and apparently they are right.  This little girl is changing by the minute; and I am so glad I get to see everything.  The past few weeks she has started reaching out for me and now gets excited when we come to get her after naps (melt my heart).  She studies everything very intently...especially Ellie.  She is starting to sit up a little better each day now and she is grabbing everything...I mean everything!

Thankfully, after a rough transition, Lucy is finally sleeping well in any position and can roll as she pleases.  She is still not sleeping through the night, but we are working on it.  Believe me, no one wants this girl to sleep through the night more than I do!  We tried a month ago, but it wasn't pretty.  After 5 nights of less and less sleep we decided to give her another month and try again.  The last few nights I have fed her around 11 and refused to get her until 7.  An 8 hour stretch is very reasonable for her now, and even though she has woken up around 4-5, is going back to sleep on her own until 7-8. 

I tried rice cereal with her today for the first time and she was unimpressed.  I don't blame her...that stuff is yucky.  I am in no hurry this time around and would be just fine waiting until closer to 6 months before she really gets into eating solids more consistently. 

 We are loving this little girl and what she adds to our family.  I am thankful the Lord has chosen me to be her mama!

No comments: