Monday, July 20, 2009

5 Months

Having fun with her feet

Ellie right before her first taste of Rice cereal

Sitting supported

Ellie is getting to be sucn a big girl! I feel like literally over the last few days Ellie has started doing a lot of new things. Here are a few right off the top of my head...
  • She is sitting up supported now and is getting better at it by the day.

  • It is so fun to be able to see her preferences for certain toys (a small Care Bear and certain teether) now when we are playing together.

  • After a week or so of practice Ellie is actually swallowing her rice cereal instead of spitting it out. I also went ahead and gave her a sippy cup to start practicing with.

  • She is constantly trying to grab EVERYTHING in her sight.

  • She has begun to reach out for us some with her little arms...it melts my heart every time!

I took Ellie in today and she now weighs 13.2 pds. By my measurement she's over 24 inches as well. We are having fun enjoying this sweet time as a family. What a precious blessing we have in our little girl!





3 comments:

Jen Huffman said...

She is adorable and getting so big! Her dimples just kill me! I noticed her NC State bib :)

Dan said...

It is so much fun to read your blog and see how fast Ellie is growing in and learning! She's such a cutie!

Windot said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that first picture. Holy cow she is SOOO cute!