Wednesday, October 8, 2008

It's a GIRL!

Yes, I can hardly believe it. We are having a little girl! I was hoping to scan our ultrasound pictures into our computer tonight, but of course or scanner isn't working right...ugh! Oh well, I will take them to work tomorrow and try to scan them there. I drank some caffeine before our Dr. appt and it seemed to work because she was moving all over the place. It was so neat to see her arms and legs moving all around. The ultrasound technician said it looked like she was tap dancing in there.

We were glad to hear that everything looks normal and that her growth is right on target so far. Speaking of growth, I gained 6 pounds last month! The Dr. didn't say anything except "Well, you don't want to gain that much weight every month."
Brad and I had a great night of celebration. After our appointment I took him back by the YMCA to get his truck and we got to share the news with some of his coworkers. They were all excited and it was so much fun to share our joy with them. After calling our parents & Brad's sister we began calling other friends & family. We enjoyed a great dinner at the Peak City Grill & Bar in Apex, which was so yummy! We got this chocolate chess pie for dessert, which was AMAZING. After dinner we went to Target to buy our little girl her first outfit. We opted for something blue with little flowers on it since I am sure she will be getting her fair share of pink from everybody else.

What a great day! I have truly felt the Lord's blessings on us today especially, what a gracious God we serve. His mercies never fail, they are new every morning!

2 comments:

Hoffbeauty said...

Brooks-i-daisy, I am SO happy for you and Brad! I know that you had such a special relationship with your mom.....now you get to have the same kind of relationship AS a mom--with your daughter! What a blessing children are....I am so, so, so excited for you. Tonight as I was putting my little girlie to bed, I thought of you and about how these wonderful, snuggly moments are headed your way. Enjoy every minute of your pregnancy...it's a precious time!

(On a sidenote, I always had to drink a soda before going for my NSTs with Hannah....otherwise, she wouldn't move! She was a sleepy thing in the mornings, which is when my appointments always were!)

Kansas said...

YEAH!!!! Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you!!! :-)