Thursday, October 23, 2008

Progress

The last few weeks we have made some progress in getting ready for the arrival of our daughter about 4 months from now. Last Friday night Brad and I had a little date night! We went over to Southpoint in Durham and ate at Moe's. After that we headed over to Pottery Barn Kids to look at their window treatments. We went there because I ordered a really cute bumper pad and sheets online (for a great deal) from there a few weeks ago and wanted to see if they had anything that coordinated. We then headed over to the movie theater to see Fireproof. Brad and I both agree that it was better than we had anticipated and would highly recommend it to anyone! After that (we went to the 6:15 movie) we headed over to Babies R Us to check out a few things, but especially a few stroller and car seat combos we had been looking at online. It was fun trying out everything and "test driving" them a bit!
On Saturday Brad's parents and grandparents came into town to celebrate Brad's Uncle Neil's retirement as Harnett County's County Manager. It was nice to have them here for a few days and to be a part of such a special celebration. While they were here we did a little shopping and both Brad's mom, Lynne and his granny both bought some cute summer clothes for you know who next year on clearance. It is so great to have little girl clothes hanging up in her closet already. I can't wait to put her in them!
Sunday we went back to Pottery Barn Kids to return the curtains I bought Friday night b/c they didn't look right. So Lynne and I went back to try again except this time I brought the bumper with me. Thanks to Anna who gave me a 20% off coupon and to a gift card I bought some much nicer, lined panels that match perfectly for only $12 more than the original ones. I also got a dust ruffle to match that coordinates really well with both the bumper and the curtains. Oh yeah, I almost forgot that we also ordered the crib on Sunday afternoon as well and we should be able to pick it up in a few weeks.
Last, but not least, I think we have finally decided on a name, although Brad is convinced that I will change my mind between now and when she comes! I keep on telling him that this is not going to happen, but he knows me too well to believe me. By the way, we are keeping her name a secret for a while, so don't ask!

No comments: