Friday, November 21, 2008

He Knows Her Name

I have a Maker
He formed my heart
Before even time began
My life was in His hands

I have a Father
He calls me His own
He'll never leave me
No matter where I go

He know my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
And hears me when I call

Over the past month, ever since watching the OCC (Operation Christmas Child) video at church, the lyrics of this song have kept coming back to my mind. These truths about my Heavenly Father are so precious to me. These words are so powerful, especially as I am carrying our sweet daughter as she grows in my womb. I can't help but tear up when I think about how He has been forming her for 6 months now in His own image. He has a purpose for her, one that we pray she will embrace. He knows her name, and He knew it even before Brad and I decided on it a little over a week ago! Oh how we pray that this little one will trust Him as her Savior and Sustainer. That she will fully realize the depths of His love for her...and that we will do the same as we strive to be parents that honor Christ above all else and reflect His love and mercy.

No comments: