Sunday, November 2, 2008

4 More Months!

I can hardly believe that we only have 4 more months until we get to meet our little girl! With the beginning of the holiday season only a few weeks away it doesn't leave much time to prepare for her arrival. I told Brad the other night that this time next year we will have an 8 month old...how crazy is that? We are slowly starting to get the nursery in order. Yesterday we went to pick up the crib and when we got home Brad took down the twin bed and put the dresser/changing table in it's new home. We are giving the mattress & box spring to some good friends of ours who have a son who will be transitioning out of his crib soon. This afternoon we are going to Lowe's to try to pick out a green color to paint a corner cabinet that was my grandparents ( I think my grandad made it but I can't remember). The weather is suppose to be really nice this week so I thought it would be a good time to take it outside and paint it.

We went to Babies R Us Friday night (yes, we were Halloween party poopers) to register for the small stuff. I purposefully thought it would be the perfect night to go because nobody else would be there. Since I worked with infants for 5 years before taking my current job at Salem I pretty much knew what we needed and it wasn't overwhelming at all until we got to the oh so pleasant breast feeding section. I never knew there were so many attachments and accessories that went with the pumps. Luckily while we were standing there in confusion Brad's boss Diane called and I was able to ask her what I definitely needed. Thank you Diane!

I am still feeling really good and am thankful! The last few nights I have slept amazingly, 9 & 10 hours! So far this little one is doing a good job of not keeping me up at night kicking. Hopefully that will continue! I am feeling her kick all the time now and it has become such a familiar feeling. Most anytime I sit down from doing something I feel her rumbling around in there. Her kicks are getting a lot stronger now as well. Every time I get Brad to put his hand on my belly to try to feel them she stops. He has only felt her move once in the last few weeks. He's fine with it, but I really want him to be able to share this feeling with me. He knows in the coming weeks he will have plenty of opportunities to feel her so he's not really concerned. I have many more thoughts going on in this head of mine but I'll save those for another post since this one is getting kind of long.

No comments: