Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Missing Mom


This is my mom pregnant with me!

Over the past few weeks I've really been missing my mom. I think it's due to the fact that I know she would love to be here now helping me prepare for her granddaughter. So many times I have wanted to be able to ask her how her pregnancy with me was and to just share this experience with her.

My mom was and continues to be an inspiration to me. She loved the Lord and I rejoice knowing that today she is in Heaven with Him. She taught me so much about overcoming obstacles and making the most out of them by the way she lived her life. Now don't get me wrong, she wasn't perfect and I realize that, but she was the perfect mom for me. Some people don't get to experience the love that my mom gave me their entire lives. Because of the Lord's goodness and mercy I got to experience 19 years of being totally loved by her. She was always telling me how much she loved me and I love remembering her for that.

It's because of these things that I am excited to use my mom's middle name (which was actually what everyone called her) Sue, as our daughter's middle name. I hope and pray that one day I will be able to experience with our little girl the things my mom never got to, like her college graduation, wedding (my mom would have loved Brad so much), and motherhood.

My first visit to my grandparent's house.

3 comments:

Windot said...

I LOVED reading this post. I know your mom would be proud of the woman you are today. How exciting that you are going to have a precious little girl to share the mother/daughter experience with! Love ya!!!

Courtney said...

This made me cry! How beautiful your relationship with you mom was!!

Jen Huffman said...

What beautiful pictures and what a precious post! How awesome that you will have a daughter to pass on your mom's wonderful legacy of love to.