Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Evidently we have bad luck with cribs!

Well, ever since we brought the crib home from the consignment sale on Saturday I have been thinking about googling the model number just to make sure it was safe. Well, today I finally got around to looking and guess what....it was one of the many cribs made by Jardine (320,000 to be exact) that was recalled back in June because there is a problem with the slats and spindles breaking, causing possible strangulation and other injuries. YIKES! I am so thankful for that little voice in my head telling me to check things out more. Could it be my mother's intuition kicking in already?
Needless to say we are taking the crib back tonight and getting our money back. I think now we will probably be buying a brand new crib, although at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if the next crib we buy was recalled at some point as well.
As for the pack-n -play it is currently out on our back deck airing out. I sprayed a whole bottle of Febreeze on it this morning, so we'll see if it helps at all. I am thinking about putting it on Craig's List and explaining the whole situation just to see if anyone wants it. If not, to Goodwill it must go!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Love the blog!

Bummer about the crib. I hope all works out for you guys.