Monday, September 15, 2008

A lesson learned the hard way

So, here is a good thing to remember when shopping at consignment sales....ALWAYS smell the stuff you are thinking about purchasing!!! I learned this lesson the hard way last night when I got out the pack & play to show Brad the "great deal" I had bought for the baby. As I am taking it out of the bag I realize it reeks of smoke! UGH! As you can imagine this was very frustrating to me for a few different reasons, one because we paid $45 for it and two I just feel bad for the poor baby who had to live in the midst of second hand smoke! In my opinion smoking is one of the stupidest things someone can do to themselves (hello Lung Cancer!). But to do it in the house with your baby, I mean really?!? That infuriates me!
Even though I still won't be able to ever put our baby in this disgusting portable crib, I don't want anyone else's baby to be put in it either. I have decided to at least Febreeze the heck out of that thing and air it out all day tomorrow to see if it makes any difference at all. Then, I will probably take it to Goodwill and take the loss. Neither Brad or I feel right about selling it to someone else directly, it really just needs to go sit in a landfill somewhere if you ask me. So, our search for a used, but clean Pack & Play with a bassinet attachment continues...

2 comments:

Windot said...

I'm so sorry about that! I didn't even think to smell it. A lady packed it up for me while I was checking out. I wished we would have caught it.

Brooks said...

Totally not your fault Cheri! Thanks for being willing to pick it up for me.