Monday, September 29, 2008

Beach Trip


Brad and I had a great time last week relaxing at Pine Knoll Shores in spite of the noreaster that hit the coast. It is so funny because each of the 3 times we have been to PKS we have experienced 2 noreasters and the beginning stages of a hurricane. Although it was pretty windy a few days it really only rained at night for the most part. We spent a good portion of our time back and forth from our townhouse and Emerald Isle where my aunt, uncle, cousins and their kids were staying. Brad enjoyed fishing in the afternoons although he didn't catch very much, while I curled up on the porch with a few books I had been wanting to read. All in all it was a very relaxing vacation and as always it was so fun to get to spend a whole week together. I know we need to relish these next few months before we are a family of 3!

On the way home yesterday we started talking about all of the projects we needed to accomplish before the baby comes and we realized that we have a lot to do. For me the most daunting task is getting everything out of the nursery so we can get all the baby's stuff in. Right now both of our extra bedrooms look like a tornado hit. I feel like I am at a stand still until we get a shelf put in the guest room closet for me to put some stuff from the nursery in there. I just have to keep telling myself to take one thing at a time and it will all get done!

Here are a few pictures from the beach. Since I am showing more now I kept on telling Brad we needed to take a picture of my growing belly, but it never happened.





1 comment:

Jen Huffman said...

Looks like y'all had a great time and yes, we do need to see a belly picture :)