Saturday, September 6, 2008

Busy Beaver is Back

Busy Beaver, that's Brad's nickname for me when I get in the "zone" of trying to accomplish many different tasks in any given period of time, leaving little for rest and relaxation. Although Brad has not always loved this trait in me, (he often can't just sit and relax when I'm working like crazy) over time he has grown to appreciate my desire to be on top of things. For me I've learned that if I don't get right on a project it just doesn't happen, so this is how I have learned to operate. Plus, there's just something super rewarding for me about sitting down at the end of the day knowing that I have been productive.
Well, for the first time in a few months the busy beaver is back in action and it feels so good! Last Saturday I cleaned our bathroom until it was completely spotless and I was so excited about it! First of all, it felt great to actually have the energy to accomplish such a task and then just looking at out sparkling tub made me so happy. So, now that I'm tracked out for 3 weeks (Woo Hoo!) I am contemplating all of the tasks that I want to tackle over the next few weeks before we go to the beach.

Here is my list so far:

1. Plan and cook dinners: I hope to try out some new easy recipes now that my appetite is back and I can actually stomach the smells.

2. Go through my closet: I've had a few friends lend me maternity clothes and I need to find room for them now that my regular clothes aren't really fitting anymore.

3. Make a coupon notebook: My friend Lauren has one and seeing hers last week inspired me to do the same!

4. Clean out the closets in our guest bedroom and what will be the nursery: this task I dread the most because we don't have very big closets. I'm already wondering where we are going to put all the baby stuff we will be getting!

5. Favors for our women's outreach at church: I need to go to Michaels, AC Moore, to get some ideas for the christmas gift tags we will be making and come up with some possible designs.

6. Figure out what to do with all of my craft supplies: they are currently in a desk that we will be getting rid of so I need a new system that will hopefully fit in a closet! Ugh..I have a lot of rearranging to do.

7. Read: I just bought some books from Amazon last night they are 1. The Vaccine Book 2. On Becoming Baby Wise 3. Baby Bargains

No comments: