Sunday, May 3, 2009

Fun Weekend

This weekend Ellie's grandparents and great grandparents came down for a visit. They all had a great time getting to know her a little bit better and Brad and I enjoyed some precious time just the two of us. We went out for the first time to IHOP for breakfast on Saturday morning followed by a trip to Home Depot. (I know it sounds really exciting, but at 8:00 on Saturday morning there aren't many other options. ) I must admit that for some reason I woke up early that morning anxious about leaving her. I was just worried about how she would do and thankfully all went well!
Later that day Brad's aunt, uncle and cousins came over and we grilled hamburgers and hot dogs. It was great to spend time with family and to watch them with Ellie. She is so blessed to have so many people who care about her! As expected, she was the star of the show this weekend and I was thankful that she handled all of the extra stimulation very well. All of the activity must have worn her out because this afternoon after everyone had left she took a really long nap (2 1/2 hours)!


Pop Pop

Great Granny

Cousin Taylor

No comments: