Thursday, May 14, 2009

Splish Splash!


Last night Ellie had her first real bath and boy was it stressful. You see, we could do the sponge bath without a hitch. We were like a well oiled machine. Now we have to start all over and work out the kinks. Ellie did great. She just sat there in her little baby tub content as could be. She thought it was funny when I would squeeze her rag and the water splashed a little bit. Then we went to wash her hair and during the rinse I accidentally poured water over her face. It startled her and she cried...and I felt like a terrible mother.
It's funny how I had imagined Ellie's first bath going so smoothly and how different the reality was. Somehow in my head I had left out the fumbling around and the "what now?" and "how do we do this?" questions. Oh well, I guess that's life. Things don't always turn out the way we have them planned out in our mind. In the end we had a clean and content baby so we must have done something right.

3 comments:

Jen Huffman said...

Funny! Don't worry you'll have it down to an art in no time. Ellie is adorable and getting so big!

The Wells of Morrisville said...

That's funny, Brooks. :)

Unknown said...

it's good for her to get some water in her face. there's nothing more frustrating for a babysitter at bath time than a kid screaming over getting their hair rinsed...so well done!