Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My First Mother's Day

Sunday was a big day in the Emory household. We had Ellie's baby dedication at church and she did really well. It was so special to me to do this on my very first Mother's day. For part of the dedication Brad and I wrote a letter to Ellie to be read in front of the church about our hopes and prayers for her. I knew there was no way I could make it through without crying so I nominated Brad to do it. It's a good thing too, because even with him reading it I fought back the tears big time.
My first Mother's day was great and we had a fun time as a family. Brad went above and beyond with a gift which is a new washing machine that will be delivered on Thursday! Our current one is an old one that our friend Sloan gave us and it isn't working very well, uses tons of water, and is really loud. We have been talking about buying a new one, but since it wasn't a necessity had decided to put it off for a while longer. So, I am super pumped and have been saving up our laundry to try it out in a few days.
A quick family picture after church
Ellie wiped out from all of the excitement

No comments: